CHED Scholarship 2023-2024 is open to apply for all eligible and interested Filipino students. Recently CHED has announced various scholarships that will help Filipino students to pursue their education.
Table of Contents
- What is CHED
- CHED Scholarship 2023 Program
- CHED Scholarship Benefits
- CHED Scholarship Programs
- 1. CHED Merit Scholarship
- 2. CHED Medical Scholarship
- 3. CHED Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship
- 4. CHED Tulong Dunong Scholarship 2023 program
- 5. CHED CoScho Scholarship program
- 6. CHED-UniFAST Tertiary Education Subsidy TES
- 7. CHED CGI Scholarship program
- Who can apply for Scholarship
- Documentary Requirements for Scholarship
- How to apply for CHED Scholarship
What is CHED
The Commission on Higher Education of the Philippines is known as CHED.
CHED is responsible for formulating plans, policies and strategies relating to higher education in Philippines. The main aim of CHED – Commission on Higher Education is to ensure every Filipino has access to Higher education.
To make this possible, CHED launches various school scholarships, college scholarships and study abroad – International scholarships.
CHED Scholarship 2023 Program
The CHED scholarship program provides Financial assistance and grants to eligible students in Schools, State Universities and Colleges (SUCs), Local Universities and Colleges (LUCs) and Private Higher Education Institutions (HEIs).
CHED Scholarship Benefits
The benefits of CHED Scholarship are as follows:
- Full Tuition fees
- Monthly stipend
- Book Allowance
- Connectivity Allowance
- Other School fees and many more.
Qualified students are known as CHED Scholars. Every CHED scholar receives all these scholarship benefits.
CHED Scholarship Programs
Following is the list of scholarship programs and grants offered by CHED-Commission on Higher Education:
- CHED Merit Scholarship 2023
- CHED Medical Scholarship 2023-2024
- CHED Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship
- CHED Tulong Dunong Scholarship 2023 program
- CHED CoScho Scholarship program 2023
- CHED-UniFAST Tertiary Education Subsidy TES 2023
- CHED CGI Scholarship and many more
Let us know about each of these scholarships and grants in detail.
1. CHED Merit Scholarship
The CHED Merit Scholarship is a scholarship program for all incoming first-year college students.
This CHED scholarship helps students to pursue a bachelor’s degree – undergraduate studies any CHED recognized priority programs in private higher education institutions (HEIs) or State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) and Local Universities and Colleges (LUCs).
Benefits of CHED Merit Scholarship
CHED Merit Scholarship provides Full Scholarship of up to ₱120,000 and Half Scholarship of ₱60,000.
The Scholarship grant includes the following:
- Tuition and other school fees (TOSF),
- Stipend per semester
- Book/Connectivity allowance
The stipend per semester is released directly to the scholars or through HEIs. The book/ connectivity allowance per semester of a given academic year until the completion of the degree program.
CHED scholars who choose to enroll a state or public institution receive FREE tuition as well as a stipend and book allowance of up to P80,000.
CHED scholars enrolled in a private university will receive up to P40,000 for tuition and other school fees, up to P70,000 in stipend, and up to P10,000 as allowance.
2. CHED Medical Scholarship
The CHED Medical Scholarship 2023-2024 program provides scholarship grants and Financial assistance to college students who pursue education in the Medical related fields.
Scholars who are selected for this scholarship shall render Return Service in Philippines.
Benefits of CHED Medical Scholarship
Following are the benefits of CHED Medical Scholarship:
- Free tuition and other school fees
- Allowance for prescribed books, supplies and equipment
- Clothing or uniform allowance
- Dormitory or boarding house accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- Internship fees
- Licensure fees
- Medical board review fees
- Annual medical insurance
- Other education-related miscellaneous subsistence or living expenses
3. CHED Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship
The CHED Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship program is a scholarship grant offered by CHED in association with the Hungarian Government.
This is one of the most prestigious scholarships and provides a wide range of courses for international students with outstanding academic records.
Benefits of CHED Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship
Here is the list of scholarship benefits, a CHED Stipendium Hungaricum Scholar receives:
- Tuition Fees for the entire Study Period,
- Monthly Subsistence allowance,
- Dormitory Accommodation assistance and
- Medical Insurance.
4. CHED Tulong Dunong Scholarship 2023 program
The CHED Tulong Dunong Scholarship is provided to qualified and deserving students pursuing a college degree in Philippines.
CHED Tulong Dunong Scholarship is also known as CHED-TDP. This is one of the CHED’s Student Financial Assistance Programs (StuFAPs).
This scholarship grant is jointly awarded by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) and the Department of Budget and Management (DBM) to assist students with their educational expenditures and tuition fees.
Benefits of CHED Tulong Dunong Scholarship
Here are the benefits of CHED Tulong Dunong Scholarship:
- Grantees or student grantees are eligible for a grant of Fifteen thousand pesos (Php 15,000) per academic year to help with the expenses of their tertiary education.
- This includes school expenses or tuition fees as well as a living allowance.
5. CHED CoScho Scholarship program
The CHED CoScho Scholarship program is a scholarship program for Coconut Farmers communities and their Families living in the Philippines.
The Commission on Higher Education in the Philippines (CHED) is in charge of ensuring the country’s higher education system is of high quality. CHED aims to empower and enhance lives of coconut farming communities and their children by offering the CHED CoScho scholarship.
Benefits of CHED CoScho Scholarship
CHED CoScho Scholarship provides a scholarship benefit of ₱195,000 to scholarship grantees. This Financial assistance covers Regular allowances and other allowances which are as follows:
A total of ₱80,000 is given to scholars as regular allowance, this will cover the following:
- A Stipend of ₱35,000.00 per semester / ₱70,000.00 per AY, which includes
- Educational tours,
- Medical insurance,
- Internet use and
- Communication expenses
- Books and learning materials allowance of ₱5,000.00 per semester / ₱10,000.00 per AY
A total of ₱115,000 is given to scholars as other allowance, this will cover the following:
- ₱75,000.00 – Thesis and / or OJT allowance
- ₱10,000.00 – One-time attendance in local conference/fora should be related to the undergraduate program and to be given during the junior or senior standing. The activity should not be on the same HEI where the beneficiary is enrolled.
- ₱30,000.00 – One-time financial assistance for the purchase of a laptop – to be given during the first year of scholarship grant.
6. CHED-UniFAST Tertiary Education Subsidy TES
CHED-UniFAST TES is a Tertiary Education Subsidy program introduced by CHED in association with UniFAST.
UniFAST is a CHED-affiliated agency that is the major implementer of the Republic Act 10931 and the Universal Access to Quality Tertiary Education law’s Free Higher Education (FHE) and Tertiary Education Subsidy (TES) programs.
The goal of Tertiary Education Subsidy – TES program is to provide free higher education, free technical and vocational education, and a student loan programs.
TES, Tertiary Education Subsidy is a grant-in-aid program under by Republic Act 10931 to support qualified disadvantaged students and those living and studying in cities and municipalities without public universities with their studies.
Benefits of CHED-UniFAST Tertiary Education Subsidy TES
CHED-UniFAST TES – Tertiary Education Subsidy provides scholarship grants of up to PHP 60,000 per academic year or PHP 30,000 per semester.
Apart from this, the grant provides additional subsidy for qualified grantees, which is as follows:
- up to PHP 30,000 per AY / PHP 15,000 per semester for qualified PWD grantees, and
- PHP 8,000 one-time reimbursement for Licensure/Board Examination.
7. CHED CGI Scholarship program
The Commission On Higher Education announces the call for applications to The Chulabhorn Graduate Institute Post-graduate Scholarship Program of the Chulabhorn Royal Academy.
The Chulabhorn Graduate Institute (CGI) scholarship is open to all international students who wish to pursue their Master’s degree in the various fields of Science and Technology in Thailand.
Benefits of CHED Chulabhorn Graduate Institute Scholarship
Following is the list of benefits, a CHED Chulabhorn Graduate Institute Scholar will receive:
- Tuition and other academic fees
- credit fee
- laboratory expenses,
- refresher course,
- enrollment fee,
- thesis fee,
- production of thesis documents),
- Monthly stipend,
- Book allowance,
- Health insurance,
- First settlement allowance,
- Relocation allowance,
- visa fee,
- Round trip airfare and others.
Who can apply for Scholarship
Following is the eligibility criteria a student must meet to apply for CHED Scholarship 2023:
- The candidate must be a Filipino citizen;
- He or She must be graduating high school student or high school graduate with a General Weighted Average (GWA) of at least 90%.
- The student must belong to the special group of persons such as
- The underprivileged and Homeless Citizens under Republic Act (RA) No. 7279,
- Persons with Disability (PWDs) under RA No. 7277 as amended,
- Solo Parents and/or their Dependents under RA 8371,
- and shall submit certifications and/or Identification Cards (IDs) issued by the appropriate offices or agencies.
- The applicant must only avail one government-funded financial assistance program.
- He or She Must enroll in the Courses as intended in the list of CHED Priority Programs.
The criteria listed above are standard requirements for applying for scholarships; qualifications may differ for various scholarships.
Documentary Requirements for Scholarship
Following is the list of documents required to apply for CHED scholarship:
- Proof of Citizenship: Certified true copy of Birth Certificate
- Academic Requirements:
- High school report card for incoming freshmen students eligible for college; and
- Duly certified true copy of grades for Grade 11 and 1st semester of Grade 12 for graduating high school students
- Income Requirements (whichever is applicable)
- Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) of parents or guardian;
- Certificate of Tax Exemption from the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR);
- Certificate of Indigence either from their Barangay or Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD);
- Case Study report from DSWD; and
- Latest copy of contract or proof of income, for the children of Overseas Filipino Workers and seafarers
- Other Requirement
- Identification Card (ID) – Special Group (Underprivileged or Homeless, PWD, Solo Parent, Senior Citizen, Indigenous People)
The list of documents listed above are standard requirements for applying for scholarships; The requirements may differ for various scholarships.
How to apply for CHED Scholarship
All interested and eligible candidates can apply for CHED scholarship by visiting the online application links which are announced with the scholarship notification.
The candidates can also contact the nearest CHED regional offices for more information on scholarship application and procedures.